Residential Rewiring in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Electrical wiring is a crucial yet often overlooked part of a safe home or commercial building. There are hundreds of electrical fires each year in Louisiana, and the number can be reduced with regular inspections and occasional wiring repairs. At Big Family, our team is here to help with all your home rewiring needs. Call or click to schedule an appointment with our Baton Rouge, LA team.
Signs That a Home Needs to be Rewired
Before getting in touch with us, look for these signs to determine whether it’s time for residential or commercial rewiring in Baton Rouge.
- Breakers that trip and fuses that blow frequently. Fuse and breaker boxes serve a crucial purpose: they turn off the electrical system when things go wrong. A tripped breaker may mean that a circuit is shorting, overloaded, or has a ground fault. Our team can find the cause of the problem and replace the affected wiring.
- Flickering and dimming lights. When lights flicker or go dim, it shows that the circuitry and wiring can’t meet your family’s power demands. Up to two-thirds of house fires are due to faulty wiring, which means it’s important to get these problems checked out as soon as possible.
- Discolored or hot outlets, cords, and switches. Switch plates and outlets that are too hot to even touch are a sign of the need for immediate rewiring. Whether it’s due to poor installation practices or broken wiring, it’s essential to have these issues evaluated by a licensed electrician.
- Burned-out bulbs. If your light bulbs burn out all the time, the wiring is likely carrying too much voltage. First, ensure that the bulbs are the correct wattage for the fixtures in which they are used. If that’s not the problem, call us and we’ll see what we can do to help.
- Odd noises. If there’s a weird sound coming from inside the home’s walls or from a home appliance, there may be a loose or overloaded wire. Switch off the power immediately and call an electrician, as these sounds indicate a serious fire hazard.
- Burning odors. When there’s a burning odor without a discernible cause, the problem likely lies in the home’s wiring. Shut off the electrical breaker box and consider rewiring a house in Baton Rouge.
- Loose electrical outlets. If there’s a loose electrical outlet in the house, it’s connected to a box that is too far away. When outlets are installed far from electrical boxes, it’s easy for wires to become broken, disconnected, and damaged.
- Shock when touching or plugging in cords. Wires and cords become dangerous when they are damaged. With time, electrical shock may cause cracks and scorch marks on outlets, and it can also pose a risk of severe injury or even death. Reduce the risk by scheduling a panel upgrade and residential home rewiring in Baton Rouge.
If you have lived in Baton Rouge for over five years or aren’t sure when the home’s electrical system was inspected in the past, call our team for the area’s most reliable residential rewiring services. With a thorough evaluation, we will determine if residential rewiring in Baton Rouge, LA is appropriate. Contact us now to ask about our commercial and residential rewiring services or to request a no-obligation estimate.
Professional Rewiring Services From Big Family
If you’re thinking of scheduling residential or commercial rewiring in Baton Rouge, call Big Family today. We provide a full range of wiring repair, replacement, and maintenance services, and our customer service record speaks for itself. With us, you’ll always get:
- Honest and upfront pricing. There are no surprises! We offer no-obligation quotes on residential home rewiring in Baton Rouge, as well as upfront prices.
- Professional service. Our trained technicians are ready to serve you.
- Dedication and respect. We always arrive on time, and we’ll leave your home looking better than it did when we came. We’ll explain the process and the average cost of rewiring a house in Baton Rouge thoroughly, so you’ll know what to expect.
Whether you’re replacing the wiring in one room or the entire home, you can count on our team to do the job right. Schedule a quote online or call today for a panel upgrade and residential rewiring in Baton Rouge, LA.
Book an Appointment With Us Today
A Baton Rouge, LA home’s electrical wiring is out of sight, which puts it out of mind—that is, until things go wrong. When your appliances, lights, and devices aren’t working right because of faulty wiring, it can be a major inconvenience, but it’s also dangerous. Reduce the risk of fire and injury by rewiring a house in Baton Rouge. Call Big Family now or book an appointment with us online.